- Locate and connect with targeted young people
- Provide therapeutic interventions according to need and readiness of young people and context
Each youth AOD modality is listed in the dropboxes below. Select a modality to view a description, objectives and range of relevant Intervention types.
Outreach is a flexible and responsive medium for connecting with and delivering evidence based interventions and broader support to hard to reach groups. Youth outreach workers provide services in a diverse range of locations where young people live, congregate and feel comfortable. Outreach is also constitutes a critical mechanism for linking and coordinating activities across different services and sectors.
- Care and recovery co-ordination
- Service promotion & case finding
- Assertive engagement and linkage
- Case work (including assessment & individualised care planning)
- Liaison & advocacy
- Health education & health promotion
- Foundational counselling
- Behavioural & other psychosocial interventions
- Family support
- Home-based withdrawal
- Secondary consultation to other services